CEDAR ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE

Cedar Island Lighthouse Facts

The Cedar Island Lighthouse was originally built to help whaling ships safely navigate the passage between Northwest Harbor and Gardiner’s Bay as they were going to and from Sag Harbor. Originally, the lighthouse was situated on an island about 200 yards offshore and named for its cedar grove. During the hurricane of 1938, sand filled in the shallow area between the island and mainland, creating a peninsula. The lighthouse as it stands today was constructed in 1868. Today, the lighthouse is in serious disrepair. The Long Island Chapter of The National Lighthouse Society has made the Cedar Island Lighthouse one of its prime projects. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this print is being donated to the restoration fund.   To find out more about how you can help please visit www.cedarislandlighthouse.org

 

8×10 Signed Poster  - $20

 

 

 

Signed Limited Edition Print (Edition of 250)
27 x 32.5 Unframed – $245

Signed Limited Edition Print (Edition of 250)
27 x 32.5 Framed + Shipping (contact for rate) – $345

 

 

 



 

 

 

Back To Lighthouse Prints