CURTIS ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE

Curtis Island Lighthouse Facts

Built at the entrance to Camden Harbor in 1896, the present 25-foot brick tower has been called the “Jewel of the Penobscot”, for its green light. As was common at lighthouses in the 19th century, the keeper’s kept cows, ducks and chickens. In 1889, the keeper’s house was rebuilt and a barn and boathouse were added. A fourth order Fresnel lens was installed. The name of the island was changed in 1934 in memory of Cyrus H.K. Curtis, publisher of The Saturday Evening Post and other publications. Curtis was a longtime summer resident and benefactor of Camden. In 1997 the Town of Camden assumed ownership of Curtis Island Light.




8×10 Signed Poster  - $20

18×24 Signed Poster  - $30

 

Signed Limited Edition Print (Edition of 250)
22×28 Unframed : $125

Signed Limited Edition Print (Edition of 250)
22×28 Framed : $245 + shipping (contact for rate)

 

 


Back To Lighthouse Prints